Terms and Conditions
1. The name of benefiting Charity organisation is the United Vietnamese Buddhist Congregation of South Eastern Melbourne (UVBCSEM) ABN 50 771 502 014. Permit No: 10732/16. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. By participation in this Raffile Fundraising, you are deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. These Conditions of Entry are governed by the laws of Victoria.
2. The Raffle Fundraising commences on 3/10/2016. Entries closes 10pm AEST. on 3/12/2016. The price of a raffle ticket is $5 (five) dollars. Tickets will be sold on a “first in” basic based on the time in which the correct sum of money is received and confirmed by the UVBCSEM. There is no maximum limit to the number of entries per entrant, subject to Raffle ticket availability. All tickets purchased will be in your name and can not be on-sold, therefore you need to complete your contact details in full on the stub of the Raffle ticket for each ticket purchase. The draw will take place on 3/12/2016 at Hoa Nghiem Buddhist Temple 442-448 Springvale Road Springvale South VIC 3172 at 11:00pm AEST. Winners will be notified by phone and winners’ names will be published on the Hoa Nghiem Buddhist Temple website www.hoanghiem.org.au on 05/12/2016. Winners do not need to be present at the draw to win the prize. The decision of UVBCSEM is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Prizes in the Raffle 2016 include: 1st Prize is a Mazda 3, 2016 model Hatch Back Auto, valued at upto $24,000 includes on road costs, 2nd Prize is a QC Bathroom Voucher valued $4,000, valid to 3/12/2017; 3rd Prize is a Smart Rice Cooker valued at $600; Prizes or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash. If for any reason a prize is not available, we will substitute it for another prize of equal or higher value (in our discretion), subject to regulatory approval. If the winner so chooses, the prize may be donated to the Hoa Nghiem Buddhist Temple.
3. Draw Method: Numbered Raffle Ticket stubs will be draw at random from a barrel. First prize will be drawn first, followed by all other prizes in descending order. If requested by us, you must produce a proof of age and residency prior to being awarded a Prize. The information for 2016 Raffle also available in the website www.hoanghiem.org.au/2016raffle. Keep your tickets in a safe place, tickets will not be replaced nor money refunded after purchase. Do not allow anyone to make reprints or copies of your raffle ticket. To claim your prize, you will need to supply identification containing your name and address which will be verified against the original purchase. If fraud is suspected, you may be prosecuted. We reserve the right to disqualify your entry in the event of non-compliance with these Conditions of Entry or if, in our reasonable opinion, you tamper or interfere with an entry mechanism in any way.
4. This raffle is open to members and volunteers associated with the Hoa Nghiem Buddhist Temple. Employees and Executive Committee members of the Hoa Nghiem Buddhist Temple are ineligible to enter. All enquiries should be directed to Hoa Nghiem Buddhist Temple. Persons under the age of 18 years are not permitted to purchase a ticket.
4. If requested by us, each winner must participate in all promotional activity (such as publicity and photography) surrounding the winning of the prize, free of charge. If you are a winner, you consent to us using your name, likeness, image and/or voice (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without compensation for the purpose of promoting this Promotion (including any outcome), All prices are in Australian dollars include GST. All proceeds go towards the Hoa Nghiem Buddhist Temple’s fund. Maximum number of tickets in draw is thirty thousands. You will be responsible for any tax liability associated with a prize. We accept no responsibility for any problems or technical malfunction of any communication network or for any late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission interruption, communications failure or otherwise. We have no control over telephone communications, networks or lines and accept no responsibility for any problems associated with them, whether due to traffic congestion, technical malfunction or otherwise. We are not liable for any consequences of user error including any costs incurred. You acknowledge that there may be inherent risks in some aspects of the Promotion or the prize and that participation in the Promotion or the prize may involve participating in dangerous activities. By entering this Promotion and/or accepting the prize, you accept that risk for yourself and for your companion(s) (if applicable). To the extent permitted by law, we will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (including direct or consequential loss) or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the prizes or this Promotion. We accept no responsibility for any tax liabilities that may arise from winning a prize. We are not responsible for use of a prize which results in: (a) loss that was not reasonably foreseeable; (b) loss that was not caused by the our breach of these Conditions of Entry or by our negligence; (c) business losses (such as lost data, lost profits or business interruptions) or loss suffered by non-consumers; (d) losses caused by factors which could reasonably be considered to be outside our control (such as faults in third party equipment); and (e) any loss caused, or contributed to, by an entrant’s breach of these Conditions of Entry or an entrant’s negligence.