- Vacancy type: Full-time
- Closing date: 15/9/2016
Hoa Nghiem Primary School is a Child Safe school.
Key Selection Criteria
- A demonstrated ability to plan engaging, differentiated learning experiences in line with the Victorian/Australian Curriculum.
- A demonstrated ability to conduct assessment and utilise relevant data in an effective manner, with a particular familiarity with (or interest in) formative assessment.
- A strong commitment to student wellbeing, including a capacity to manage student behaviour with kindness and compassion (knowledge of restorative practice will be beneficial, but not essential).
- Demonstrated high level of knowledge of relevant curriculum areas, with a flexible approach to student learning strategies and an ability to integrate key curriculum areas (including traditionally ‘specialist’ areas of the curriculum).
- A strong interest and willingness to engage in the inquiry process of teaching and learning
- An understanding of small school educational settings and willingness to contribute to a range of activities and tasks.
- Previous engagement with Buddhist philosophy and a capacity to lead meditation; an awareness of, and interest in, social and environmental justice issues.
- Demonstrated capacity to work harmoniously within a team and build positive partnerships with parents and school community members
- A university degree in teaching/education and VIT registration at the time of commencing employment.
Essential: Criteria 1, 2, 3, 4, 8 and 9
Preferred: 5, 6 and 7
To apply for the position:
Please email the following to email@example.com,
- a current CV, including the contact details of a minimum of three referees.
- a response to selection criteria
- minimum 3 referees
All employees are required to possess a valid VIT registration at the time of commencing employment, and are expected to adhere to our Code of Conduct procedures. New graduates are welcome to apply.